Good Stuff


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 15, 2009

An Unhappy Medium



OK, so maybe the picture of the Depression-era soup line is a little dramatic, but this is how I am starting to feel. At least I didn't find a picture of a Depression-era stock broker flinging himself out the window. I haven't quite reached that point yet.

The unhappy medium to which I refer is as follows. I like written language. I like to analyze it (not my own writing, so forgive my shortcomings there). I want to be an editor. I have no real experience as an editor, and every company that does editing requires at least two years of professional experience. Many of you can empathize with the situation. You graduate, have no experience, and seemingly have way of gaining the experience while still paying the rent.

Conversely, no retail store, copy shop, manufacturing company, etc. will hire me because they don't think that I will stick around for very long. At least this is what people keep telling me is probably the reason. They think I am over-qualified. I am not trying to toot my own horn here. I do not pretend to think that I am over-qualified for anything. But some of our friends think that retail companies think that I would only be working there temporarily when they see my past experience (once again, not trying to make myself sound cool).

I realize that most of my posts so far have been negative and depressing so here is a bit of childhood humor to lighten the mood. We recently discovered "On-Demand" on my parents TV. And what do they have on the WB Kids channel?

That's right! Thunder Cats! And Jack is into it! He, of course, is Liono, the big red-haired fella in the front with the sword. I play the role of Panthro, the gray guy on the bottom right. Alaster is a great WilyCat. And Ashlee is the sexiest Cheetarah I have ever seen!

The best is when I hear Jack saying quietly, "Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats...HO!!" He asked me to get him a new sword so he could have the "Eye of Thundera." We even dug through my old toys and found my Thunder Cat dolls...action figures, that I had when I was like five or six.

My boy!

No comments: